Of Flesh & Blood (Part 2)
I want to argue that what you’re seeing here is a representation of nothing.
But I also want to grant you with the idea that nothing can be something, and that something, can come back to be nothing. When I set out to shoot my portfolio for SVA, I had to approach my little project with the subject of nothing. I was told to explore the inner feelings of something that I’ve been struggling with. Right around then, I had lost someone dear to my heart and it was this pain the manifested this concept that by photographing scenery that was composed of nothingness, that I could explain the emotions that I’ve been feeling all along. I bring this up because, currently, I’m working on a personal project that explores the pain that I’ve been struggling through before and after. And as I was about to abandoned an old set of photographs, I came to realize that what I had done to get into SVA was just as important towards what I am working with now. And even though these photographs that I am presenting here literally have the subject matter of nothing containing within the photograph besides damage and decay, this was all along a representation, a metaphor, to what I was feeling within. This brings me to the continuation of the personal project that I’m going to be continuing working on, the idea that I can use the medium of photography to explore and make sense out of my depression. Originally, I wanted to keep this project strictly within the studio but I’m starting to realize that I wish to express myself in not only the form of self-portraits but through the expression of other objects and subjects that fully allow me to create this emotional presence between the photograph and I. As I dig deeper into this project of mine, I’m starting to explore with the thought of what it means to have emotion within the presence of the image. And I believe it’s here that I wish to truly expand on this idea of mine, that by fully exposing myself in an direct and indirect approach, that will allow me to do just that – explore.
When I started the Of Flesh & Blood Series, I was struggling with where I wanted to bring myself, and how I was going to do this. But I can see now, that I’m slowly creating a sketch of what I want and the ideas, the emotions, the thoughts that I want to impose within the photographs themselves.
Because there’s this entire concept behind emotion, and vision, and how the two are used to create this relationship that give birth to the image and the concept within the image. And I believe that it will be through this idea, that concept, by using the two, I can make sense out of the chaotic and confusing mess that I call my depression, my friend, my demon.
And though this still has a lot of work to do, it’s going to be rewarding and even interesting to see what I can do with this thought.
Thus, I bring you back to what I was originally saying before how nothing can be something. My emotions represent the nothing and the vision represents the something. I do apologize for the lateness in my continuation with this project, and though this isn’t exactly fair to say that it’s a new body of work, I do promise to have something entirely new in December.
I just think it’s important to understand where a basic idea is manifested from. Any idea can be tracked to the original source of the subject, and it was by going back, that I was able to make a step forward with this project.
Till Then.Posted 1 year ago with 59 Notes
#school of visual arts
- matt-harding likes this
- nsffw reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- sweetpeaandothercuriosities likes this
- nickeynickers reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- nickeynickers likes this
- photographsspeaklouder likes this
- photographsspeaklouder reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- drakaina-breath reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- drakaina-breath likes this
- amber-tinfoilforest reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- sarahtigerwing likes this
- stateofindifference likes this
- castielsburnedwings reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- patrickmduggan likes this
- winterwools likes this
- morningbellbeeps likes this
- annaglam likes this
- mepris-tranquille likes this
- teacupalamode likes this
- vinyl-sidea likes this
- prince-milkone reblogged this from adventurewithursus
- adventurewithursus reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- lettersandleaves likes this
- alyssatonia likes this
- ilive2setyoufree likes this
- sailorx2 likes this
- ddumbb likes this
- innerspeak likes this
- jefferson-aeroplane likes this
- demondebris reblogged this from physicalgraffitea and added:
- quikchekgirl likes this
- lucessuspendidas likes this
- kostimograftrish reblogged this from physicalgraffitea
- physicalgraffitea reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- mindtrove reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- mindtrove likes this
- twomm likes this
- jujubiees likes this
- amy909 likes this
- neonspectrum likes this
- infinitesearchforhappiness likes this
- brennakaci likes this
- ghostkidkarsen reblogged this from beneath-a-lonely-place
- kelanie likes this
- ghostkidkarsen likes this
- breakinggodzilla likes this
- beneath-a-lonely-place posted this